Policies & Procedures
- Participation in the September Opening Retreat is mandatory.
- Program days run from 8:00 AM through 5:00 PM, with evening work sessions scheduled on each of the two (2) overnight sessions.
- Associates also have monthly Action Assignments throughout the year of approximately 2 - 6 hours. Each seminar session requires approximately 2-4 hours of selected readings.
- Associates are encouraged to outline their personal learning goals, and to track progress on these goals during the year.
- Tuition covers lectures and meals associated with each program day, as well as the cost of overnight accommodations at the Retreat. Additional costs include required reading materials and lodging costs for the other 'overnight' sessions.
- Upon acceptance to the LNH program, one-half of the tuition will be due by July 1st. The balance will be due by the end of August.
- A short, 250-word biography and a .jpeg photo of yourself will be required; these must be submitted when you accept admittance into the program, before the June reception.
- Due to space and insurance considerations, LNH participants may not bring dependents to the program sessions.
- To graduate, participants must attend at least 10 days in their entirety (please read Attendance Policy below).
To graduate from LNH, an Associate is expected to attend all sessions in their entirety. Attendance at the Opening Retreat is mandatory. Even though emergencies do arise, any Associate missing more than two full days may not graduate from the program.
- If an emergency arises, an Associate will be allowed to miss up to two full days and graduate.
- Attendance is determined in half-day segments. (Four segments totaling two full days).
- If more than one hour of a half day is missed, it will be counted as a half-day absence. (Either coming in late or leaving early).
- If an Associate will be absent for any reason, it is essential to inform the LNH staff. The staff will keep records of attendance and document the reasons given for absence.
- If an Associate withdraws or is dismissed from the program at any time or for whatever reason, that Associate shall not be entitled to have any portion of his or her tuition refunded.
- NO make-up sessions will be allowed in the following year. If a person does not graduate they may re-apply to Leadership New Hampshire, and if accepted, must pay the tuition in full.
- Any exception or action taken by the Executive Director will be reported to the full Board of Trustees for informational purposes.
- Any decision of the Executive Director may be appealed to the full Board of Trustees. This may be accomplished by writing a letter to the Chair of the Board.